Skyn Iceland Detox Kit for Stressed Skin Review

Hello beauties!! I'm finally back into blogging after a long month (that flew by so quickly!). Autumn is already here, it's getting freaking cold >_<" So the month of September was pretty hectic & stressful for me (and probably for a big majority of you guys who are in school) but this month should be more relax :)

I am back, but not with empty hands! :D Let's jump to the review?



I bought this kit a while ago (they have new packaging for the products now, but the same blue "pouch"), when my skin started to act weird again. I had like rough & dry patch of skin on my cheeks and it would turn tomato red when it was irritated. I turned to the last cream I used when I had this last time and it didn't heal nor hydrate enough. I started to search for another cleanser & cream that would be less irritating for my skin. I already owned a product of this company so I decided to try out their skincare product after reading the descriptions and checking out some reviews. Here what it claims :

"What it is:
A four-step daily routine to address the effects of stress on skin.

What it is formulated to do:
The first ever daily protocol to address stress directly, this kit helps to restore balance to skin starved of nutrients, moisture, and oxygen. Under the everyday pressure of a busy life, skin becomes prone to dryness, congestion, inflammation, and premature aging. This daily routine is the perfect introduction to Skyn Iceland's restorative approach to controlling breakouts, dullness, dehydration, irritation, and aging.

This set contains:
A 30-day supply of:
- 1 oz Glacial Face Wash
- 1 oz Arctic Face Mist
- 0.5 oz The ANTIDOTE Quenching Daily Lotion
- 0.5 oz Oxygen Infusion Night Cream

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Perfect for frequent travelers, the products in this kit work together provide an amazing treatment to combat the intense stress of travel and are compliant with U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations. These products are 100 percent vegetarian, cruelty-free and allergy tested
" (Information from Sephora.com

I will review each product from this kit except the night cream, because I didn't got the chance to use it. You can click on each product name to see the full description + price.

 Let's start by the Glacial face wash :) 

 The face wash comes out as a nice creamy product. It claims to be foamy but I was quit disappointed, I was expecting more foam! It cleans my face well, but it doesn't remove make-up. My face doesn't feel tight nor hydrated. It just cleaned my face by washing the sebum, nothing more. At first, it didn't irritated my skin, but after 2 week, the dry patch of my cheek started to peel so I just stopped using it. I would recommend this product for people who has oily skin. I find it to be a very basic cleanser, nothing more and it's way overpriced for what it does (30$US for 5oz).

What I like <3 about this product:
Nice packaging, pump bottle
Dispense the right amount each time
Travel friendly

What I don't like about this product:
Overpriced for what it does
Irritated my skin

Packaging: 5/5 See through bottle, pump dispense the right amount *Note now it's in a tube bottle
Product : 3,5/5 Didn't do much.
Price: 2/5 Overpriced for what it does
Scent: No particular scent
Would I repurchase?
Nop. :)

Second, the Artic face mist. (*Note, they reformulated the product and it has a new packaging.)

*This is the review if the old version of the product, not the new one that is dye free.
So this blue mist is supposed to calm down your irritated skin and to soothe it. It has a mix of peppermint and  strong alcohol smell to it & it burnt the irritated part of my skin like OMFG@#$@#$!! I thought that maybe it would go away so I patted the product on my face and let it dry. The burning sensation did went away but my skin felt really really dry. The culprit? There's a large amount of alcohol in it. I used it once and never used it again. I'm sorry but I couldn't find anything positive to say about this product lol. Maybe the new formula is better, but this blue mist is just a big miss for me. The packaging is very convenient and travel friendly, but other than that... No comments lol.

The ANTIDOTE Quenching Daily Lotion

This is probably my favorite product out of the whole bunch. It's a very lightweight moisturizer and smells like peppermint! (my favorite smell lol!) Upon application, you get a cooling/tingling sensation that I find great and calming, especially during summer time! It absorbs super fast and it doesn't leave any greasy or oily residue. It did mattify a little bit my face too, plus no irritation! Howeover, I wouldn't recommend it to people who has sensitive skin because you might feel your face burning. That's what happend to my friend. Also, I would recommend it only to people that has oily skin to combo/oily. People with dry skin or combo/dry wouldn't find it moisturizing enough. Now that summer is over, it's back into my drawer because it's not moisturizing enough for me.

It has a nice packaging, it's a pump bottle which is very sanitary. The full size one also have a pump but in a glass bottle. 

What I like <3 about this product:
 Pump bottle
Travel friendly (the one in this kit)
Nice peppermint smell
Cooling/tingling sensation
Absorbs well
No oily/greasy look/feeling

What I don't like about this product:
Might cause burning sensation for some people
Not hydrating enough for winter
Not suitable for dry skin type

Packaging: 5/5 *Note now it's in a tube bottle.
Product : 4/5 
Price: 3,7/5 Might be expensive for people on a budget
Scent: Peppermint :D
Would I repurchase?
YES! They have a new one with SPF 18!

I hope his review was helpful for you guys! I didn't review the night cream because I didn't use it yet, I want to finish my other cream that I use at night before trying this one out. 

Peace ouuuut beautiess! 
Hahaha =P
-S

Comments

  1. i love the word "detox". i think everyone needs something that can detox our skin and our body. great set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back :) I have never heard of this brand it sounds interesting.. especially when it comes to detoxing the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fruity Lashes: Absolutely! There isn't a lot of product on the market that offers this thought.

    @Nic Nic: Thank you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic detailed review, thanks for your hard work :) If i need to get any SKYN products I'll look this post up for reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm peppermint. Well at least there was something out of the bunch that you turned out to like!
    Boo to winter blues... yeah you're right, it's my money damn it, don't judge me! HAHA! Thanks!! XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'll try my best to reply to all your msg! ^_^

Popular Posts