Finished products of January 2011

Hi people!
Happy (belated) Lunar New Year! How are you guys? I hope school/work isn't too overwhelming (and that it didn't snowed too much for all my readers in Canada/US =P)

So I'll make a quick post, like every month, on the products that I managed to finish last month.

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub
I've been getting some unwanted pimples here and there the last month and I can say that it helped at improving my skin (note that it was only small pimples, not the huge cystic one). It has beads inside that gently exfoliates my skin too and there's a tingly sensation that I like. I used it in the pm and it didn't dried out my skin. This is a sample size that I received a while back from my Hawaii friend Mai (Hi Mai & thank you!) ;D.

Clear Care (solution for lens care)
I finished a few bottles before this one, but I thought it might be fun to include in my monthly finished products XD I love this lens care solution because it's different from the other one! You don't need to rub your lens & rinse it & rub it again. It comes with a special lens case and what you do is pop your lens off your eyes, put it in the case and pour some solution in the container. You put your case in the little container and voila. See the magic! There a special metal at the end of the case and when it comes in contact with the solution (some type of peroxyde) it forms some tiny bubbles that will rub on your lenses to clean them. However, since it's peroxyde, you have to wait at least 6 hours before putting your lenses back because the peroxyde turns into a saline solution, or else your eyes will freaking burn.

Boots no.7 Cleanse & Clear Eye-Makeup remover
This is a pretty good eye-makeup remover and I really liked it. It removes my waterproof liner & mascara with ease without leaving me with panda eyes. It does leave a slight greasy residue, but since I always wash my face with a cleanser afterward, it doesn't bother me. What I didn't like was the pump dispenser. After reaching a certain amount of products, it would dispense the product anymore so I had to twist off the cap to pour the product out.

Opal moisturizing shower foam
I like this shower gel, but I don't love it. I think it's a ok product and there's nothing to complain about. I like the scent of it, it's not too overpowering and it foams well too! I think that you can even use it in a bubble bath since it bubbles up really well XD It's a very gentle shower gel and doesn't irritated ot dried my skin out.

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Skincare (normal to combination intolerant skin)
This is my life saver! There was a time when I had a eczema patch on my cheek and it was so dry and itchy! I couldn't use any cream other than this one because it would be too irritating! I use this as a night cream after my skin was better and I didn't have any problems with my skin anymore. It moisturizes pretty well. However, I repurchased it in a lighter formula because it left my t-zone very greasy. This would be good for drier skin type people.

Finally I had to throw out my Bobbi Brown gel liner :(
It had been more than 2 years that I had this stuff lol!! If you browse in my archives, you can retrace a review on it when I started my blog in 2009. I still had about 1/2 pot left and I really didn't want to throw it out because it's the first "high-end" eyeliner that I ever bought XD Not to mention that I really loved it. But for hygienic purpose, I had to toss it away. It started to irritate my eyes so it was a no no for me. And it dried out. LOL

Now I have to study, I have a test tomorrow!
Oh and I received the Dolly Wink Liquid liner so stay tuned for the comparison! ;D
++ My makeup/cosmetics/skincare ban is ending in approx. 1 week =P I hope I'll be able to reach it! I'm so tempted to buy stuff but I'm trying hard LOL!!
Love,
-S

Popular Posts