Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte natural finish pressed powder review

Poudre Universelle Compacte natural finish pressed powder
"Imparts a translucent, natural matte finish when applied over makeup in the morning or as an anytime touch-up. Ultra-fine lightweight formula with light-reflecting pigments and luxuriously soft feel creates a flattering, halo-like look." (Source: Chanel.com)


I was tempted to get my hands on this after hearing so much good things about the loose powder version. I'm not usually the clumsy type, but after my experience with Diorskin nude loose powder I decided to cross a line on loose powders. It's way too messy so for this setting powder, I went for the compact one :)

The packaging is super sleek, simple, classy and comes with a velvet pouch. However, I don't really like the packaging. It only opens at 90 degrees and BAM, you can't open it further. There's a pretty big mirror in there, but I find it pretty difficult to see myself, unless I put it up straight to my face. I like to incline my mirror to about 40 - 50 degree, but it's a small pet peeve of mine. It came with a sponge applicator, but there wasn't that extra space to put it in even though I never use them. It was just sitting on top of the powder, separated with a small plastic sheet. So for those of you who actually uses those sponge, I would highly suggest that you keep that plastic sheet so your powder doesn't get contaminated =/.

 Heavy swatch of Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte in 20 Clair

This pressed powder is very finely milled. It has a light fragrance to it, but not too overpowering and doesn't irritate my skin. It is very lightweight as stated and cuts out the shine without being a flat matte finish. It leaves the skin with a slight angelic satin yet natural finish that I really like. It doesn't dry out the skin either, it feels perfectly comfortable on my dry cheeks and jawline yet cuts out the oil on my T-zone without clogging my pores or cause break-outs. Even in winter, when my skin was normal to dry, it gave a natural glow without emphasizing the dry flakes. I don't have to touch up during the day. When it's very humid or hot, the oilier parts of my face would get dewy but nothing more. Even though there's a few selection of shades, I don't think it changes anything because it goes on almost translucent. Even though it's only a setting powder, I like to use this alone on a daily basis to cut out on the shine that my sunscreen leaves behind. Because it's finely milled, it doesn't look powdery even if you accidentally apply it with a heavy hand!

Overall, I do like this powder, I find it very easy to use and not messy at all. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to cut out the shine without the flat matte effect. As for people with very oily skin, I would recommend this for winter but if you really want a really matte finish, I would recommend Make Up Forever's Duo Mat foundation. I just wish that the packaging was better but I would definitely repurchase again if I *ever* hit pan on it, but I'm pretty sure that by the time I hit pan, a load of new products will appear on the market and I'll probably want to try them xD

I hope you guys enjoyed!
Have a great week,
Love,
-S

Comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I would love to try this compact too! ^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same compact and I agree, I only use it as a setting powder as it doesn't cover anything. I also find it hard to get the product so I end up trying to dig in with my brush haha. I don't mind loose powders though so I'd like to try the loose powder version and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah at first I had a hard time picking up some powderon my brush too! I scraped a light layer off with tissue and now it's fine :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing this - I am on the scour for a good press powder these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the review. Does it make your face pale or it is actually clair and doesn't mess up skin color? Mine is pretty light, a bit Rosy, will it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Even if it has been quiet a while, I remember it being translucent, so it didn't make my face paler :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'll try my best to reply to all your msg! ^_^

Popular Posts