I hope that you guys had a great time with your family & loved ones ^_^ It was also boxing day today! What did you guys get? I didn't got the chance to shop since I was working and it's my first boxing day working in a clothing store so it was craaaaazzy! Everyone was exhausted at the end of the shift & happy to go home haha =P
Anyways today I'll be reviewing DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Crème-Gel Makeup SPF 20 in shade 020, the new foundation that came out not long ago. I bought it with my VIB 20% off coupon (or the 20$ off 40$ purchase.. I don't remember). I'm always in search of my HG foundation so I gave this a try, plus it's a gel-cream! Doesn't it sound interesting? =P
"Diorskin Nude Creme Gel Compact combines a cream gel texture and the satiny perfection of a powder. Its secret? A microscopic network of soft waxes and mineral powders. Upon application, the gel melts into the skin and turns into an invisible powder that instantly and effortlessly glides across the skin for an ultra-natural satin finish. A new technological process allows the texture to retain Active Mineralized Water droplets that are ten times more concentrated in skincare active ingredients*. Skin becomes velvety, radiant and translucent. Day after day, the skin looks more beautiful, even without makeup. Included is a double-sided applicator that makes application easy: the velvet side allows for gentle application and a luminous finish, while the sponge side blends and flawlessly evens the skin tone.
* Comparison basis: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup" (Source: Dior.com)
What I think about it? I have mixed feelings! As always, the packaging of Dior products are gorgeous. It comes with a velvet pouch just like the eyeshadows palatte, but I found it a bit bulky. Everything is made out of plastic so don't get fooled ;). When it opens up, you have the mirror, the sponge holder in the middle and the product in the bottom. It's very easy to open and the sponge had 2 sides; one actual "spongy" side and the other a "velvety" side (I forgot to take a picture) . The first side is supposed to be use to blend your foundation in for a evening out your skintone and the other side is supposed to be used for sheerer coverage.
- Uno: It emphasizes my dry skin. You know, sometimes you have some tiny dry flakes on your forehead or around your nose that you didn't even noticed.. I don't want to exfoliate each time prior using. I only exfoliate at night and I never know when I will wearing foundation.
- Dos: The only way I found to use this product effectively is using a sponge.. Which I hate! I think that using sponge causes too much waste AND I don't like using the actual sponge they give because then when I open my case, I find that is dirty and I will be disgusted. I tried it with my stippling brush & foundation brush but it seems that it doesn't pick up the product >_<"
What I like <3 :
- Nice packaging
- The formula (has SPF)
- Nice smell (maybe too much for some people)
What I don't like :
- Emphasizes dry flaky skin
- Can't use brush to apply product =(
- Bulky packaging
Packaging: 4/5 Too bulky for me
Quality: 4.2/5 Love the texture but a few downside
Price: 48$USD (54$ CAD i think)
Scent: 4.5/5 Classic Dior floral smell, may be too much for some people
Would I repurchase? Still debating but I don't think so. $$$
I hope this review was helpful!
Enjoy the rest of your holidays!!