Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Clay Cleanser review



What is claims: "NARUKO Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Clay Cleanser can be used as a cleanser and as a clay mask. The clay cleanser is based on the themes "deep" and "basic" to clarify skin: it combines deep cleansing clay with basic facial cleanser to wash away the unnecessary oil to prevent clogged pores. The cleanser gently exfoliates with small jojoba beads. The cleanser also brightens skin and lighten acne scars. Mint leaves skin a cool, refreshed feeling. Cleansing is the most important step to keep acne away!
This gentle, ecofriendly product is made without parabens, preservatives, artificial ingredients or coloring.  The product is cruelty free and is not tested on animals.

Best For: Normal and oily skin types, especially for skin with clogged pores and acne."(Source: http://www.Naruko.us)

My thoughts:
When I was in my early teenage years (well.. let's say tween, I was about 12) I had a lot and horrible break outs on my forehead. It was red pimple all over and occasional cystic acne. Luckily, it was only located on my forehead (I think it was because of the straight bangs I had, thus sebum + impurities accumulating creating pimples.). As I grew older, I also grew out my bangs and swept my hair to the side or pin them up and the acne went away but scars remained. You can't probably see it in the pictures or in real person (you have to come really close to me to see it) but I have bumpy skin on my forehead and the skin is not as smooth as the other areas of my face.

This zone is still *slightly* prone to acne, but since I learned how to take care of my skin and listen to it needs, almost everything is under control. However, I still get one or two tiny pimple once in a while. My main concern right now is the bumps, which I suspect is milia. I heard raves about it and how it deep cleanses your skin so I decided to try this out, mainly because salicylic acid wash are too harsh on my skin - it dries the heck out of it.

The product itself smells absolutely refreshing, tea tree oil + peppermint. It has a clay texture to it, but a very soft and spreadable one - almost creamy. It doesn't lather much and it has little beads in it that provides a gentle exfoliation at the same time. Once applied upon the skin, it has a very cool sensation that literally wakes you up and smells, like I mentioned, very refreshing! I must admit that it does a very good job a deep cleansing as you can feel it work not only on your skin, but deep down your pores too! You can also use it as a mask and contrarily to a lot of clay mask, it doesn't get super hard to the point you can't move your face. After using it daily for a few weeks, I did see some improvements ; I had less bumps and the skin on my forehead was starting to become smooth. It seemed to calm down the redness around my nose and on me cheeks too. Oh the joy!

Despite the very good result, this is unfortunately not suitable for me in this harsh (cold) weather as my skin is a little bit drier, but I think it be great for summer! After a few weeks, I could feel my skin a little tight - not dried out - but this problem would be resolved quickly after applying a serum. Plus, I didn't notice any dry skin flakes! =D I would recommend this to people with oily skin to combo/normal skin. People with dry skin and sensitive would probably find this drying and would probably react to the peppermint (not recommended for sensitive skin).

To sum up:
Packaging: 5/5 Easy to open and hygienic!
Product: 4.5/5 Would be more suitable for summer
 Price: 17$US on iMomoko.com or you can always order on naruko.us or narukocanada.com if you can read chinese XD
Would I repurchase? Only in summer, when my T-zone is at its oiliest. 

*This item was purchased with my 1st order of Naruko skincare products, but because they sent me the wrong product, it took some times before getting it so that's why it's not included in my haul video =)*

I hope that this post was helpful!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
-S

Comments

  1. This looks refreshing! I think I'd use it in the summer as well. I have something similar...like a mud mask thing. It's pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhh what it is? I'm curious! :D I've heard a lot of Helen's Julep mint mask (Can't rememberthe exact name =\) but I can't find it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend was raving about this product as well. I was also planning to get this in the summer if my cleansers run out by then :P
    I wonder if it would foam with a foaming net...or maybe the clay won't really allow that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like a great product to use during the summer :) I have heard a lot of raves with Naruko products - pity they seem hard to access!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great product! will check it out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I really want to try this product out now! Hmm the weather here is really cold too so I guess I will order this in the summer time too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't own a foaming net but it would be interesting if it does foam! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you! I can't find a physical store that carries Naruko in my area but I'm sure that if they did, they would jack up the price! I'm surprised that Naruko is not accessible in Japan tho! It's rather close to Taiwan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'll try my best to reply to all your msg! ^_^

Popular Posts