Dior's 5 colour eyeshadow palette in Coquette (Spring 2010 Lace collection LE) review

I remember when I was younger, well.. a kid, my sister-in-law (who was my brother's gf at that time) always told me "tu es très coquette". No. Coquette doesn't mean cocky. LOL. She meant that I liked to dress up pretty, look pretty and all that stuff. But hey, my mom was dressing me up. Not me.

All that to land on today's subject: Dior's e/s palette in Coquette. Tadaaa!
Pretty isn't it? :D When I saw the pictures of it on the web, I fell in love with those lacy design. It's so gorgeous that you don't want to use the palette! haha. When I saw them in real, it was woooow! I even said to the MUA "it's beautiful" with wide eyes. I know I know, I'm weird.

Anyways, if you read my previous entry, you will know that I was debating on which palette to get and ended up with this one. So yesterday I went shopping with the bf and decided to try my new palette. I primed my eyes as usual with UDPP and started to put on my e/s. *Approching the mirror* The color was really sheer thought I used to sponge applicator. I had to build more layers in order to get a decent look. I was a little dissapointed by the fact that it was not as pigmented as I would like it to be. Especially for the price I paid... Argh. The UDPP didn't helped at all for the staying power. At the end of the day, the colors were kind of washed off. :(

However, this is good for those of you who likes soft sheer color e/s or soft smoky daytime look (you just have to build up more layers). The colors are feminine, not too shimmery. Perfect for a job interview, work or school.

I'm going to give this palette another chance and play around a little bit, hoping to get the desired effect. If you guys have any tricks, please share them :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'll try my best to reply to all your msg! ^_^

Popular Posts